Monday, November 21, 2011

Zipper Scissors



Zipper Scissors

As I mentioned in my last post I picked up a few keychain items, during my trip to the USA.  This is the first of three; a pair of zipper scissors.  Stayed tuned for the other items later.

I bought these scissors at the MoMA (museum of modern art) store in New York City for $10USD.  Initially, I thought these scissor seemed pretty cool, however after buying them and opening it up, I find them functionally hard to use.  When I squeeze the handles together, the scissor tends to get stuck, rather than springing back out.  I'm not sure if they are all like this, or if I got a dud.  On the upside, they are very light-weight and a novelty to have. 

The scissor blades extends and retracts via the button on the side.  When retracted, these scissors look like a large zipper pull.  On the packaging it suggest that you attach it to a keyring or jacket/bag zippers.  In fact, it also claims these scissors are so 'cool' they can be worn as a necklace!

Here a some rough measurements:  43(L) x 16(W) x 10(H) mm

Can be purchased from the MoMa store:  Mini zipper scissors










No comments:

Post a Comment